Crickhowell RFC | 1st Team 77 - 7 Beaufort RFC | 1st Team
Lewis Logan
Try 1
Darren Blake Roe
Try 1
Thomas Keane
Conversion 11
Try 2
Rhodri Boggust
Try 1
Richard Rhydderch-roberts
Try 1
Matthew Botting
Try 2
Keanu Morris
Try 3

Match Report
15 September 2019 / Team News

Eleven-try triumph.

Crickhowell RFC 77 Beaufort 7

The September sunshine seemed to suit Crickhowell’s style on Saturday when they produced a scintillating display of open, running rugby, scoring seventy seven points from eleven converted tries. The writing was on the wall early on for Beaufort RFC when an interception by Matt Botting saw him sprint clear only to be brought down close to the line. Crick’s first try followed from the breakdown when a series of passes along the line reached Keanu Morris who crashed over the line. Scrum-half Richard Roberts scored the second after being in close support of Rhodri Boggust’s weaving run. Morris was involved again in the third after popping the ball up to lock Lewis Logan who burst over from close quarters. Harry Summers’ broke out from his own 22 , hurtled upfield and delivered an inside pass to no. 8 Morris who scored his second of the day. 

With the powerful Beaufort forwards giving the home pack a testing time, Crickhowell’s next try was started by Darren Dunstan-Roe, went through several phases of play and it was Dunstan-Roe who was on hand to finish off the well-worked move.Despite their valiant efforts, the visitors were unable to contain the home team’s flair and a further three tries, two from Botting and one from Boggust saw the score at half time reading 56-0. Morris scored his hat-trick shortly after the resumption of play. The determination and perseverance of Beaufort’s efforts were rewarded when they finally managed to find a gap and slipped clear to get their first points on the board. The delighted home crowd witnessed Tom Keane finishing off the afternoon’s display with a brace of cleverly worked tries and whose kicking on the day was immaculate as he slotted over all eleven conversions. After an injury to a Beaufort player and with no replacements available, it was mutually agreed to conclude the match early. Credit must be given to Beaufort RFC who never let their heads drop and battled to the end.

The club would like to thank match sponsor The Coach and Horses, Llangynidr and ball sponsor Kevin Smythe.