Crickhowell RFC | 1st Team 32 - 16 Brynithel RFC | 1st Team
Daniel James Davies
Try 1
Thomas Keane
Conversion 3
Penalty 2
Try 2

Match Report
11 November 2019 / Team News

Convincing Win.

Crickhowell RFC 32 Brynithel RfC 16


In a welcome return to grassroots rugby after the thrills and spills of the Rugby World Cup, Crickhowell settled a few old scores in their match against league rivals Brynithel RFC at the weekend. In games that are usually close and always hotly contested Crick ran out on top in front of a sizeable crowd of supporters and thoroughly deserved their bonus point win.

They were first on the scoreboard after pressure on the Brynithel line saw Danny Davies gather the ball and dive over the top to touch down with Tom Keane converting. It was Keane who stretched their lead shortly afterwards by slotting over a penalty. Brynithel are not a team to lie down, however, and, after some Crickhowell fumbles in the centre of the field, they took advantage and took play to the line where their forward power forced an unconverted try. Throughout the first half indiscipline, which included one sin-binning just before half-time, prevented Crick from further scores and Brynithel were successful in slotting over one of the penalties awarded to leave a narrow margin of 10-8 at the break.

At the resumption of play Brynithel’s indiscipline cost them another three points from the boot of Keane. The powerful breakthrough run of second-row Lewis Logan was the catalyst for Crick’s next try. Having made the ground, good support play from his fellows took the action to the Brynithel line where Keanu Morris gained a further five points. With the gap between the scores increasing the visitors clawed back another three points after a penalty for offside.  Following a scrum in the centre of the Brynithel 22 Keane received the ball and burst through to score under the posts and then convert his own try. Brynithel then had to play 10 minutes with 14 men after a yellow card offence. Crick’s bonus point was scored after a kick to touch.Crick secured the ball cleanly from the resulting line-out, fed it back inside and another scintillating run from Harry Summers saw him cross the whitewash with Keane again converting. The final word went to the visitors, however, as after another surge upfield their forwards gained another try to reduce the final deficit to 16 points.

Thanks must go to match sponsor Alun Tandy, ball sponsor the Horseshoe Naughty Corner and Shaun Ellis of the Coach and Horses, Llangynidr, for facilitating the club’s new scoreboard. With no game on Saturday 16th, the club’s next fixture is on November 23rd when they travel down to take on Rogerstone RFC.


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos